The Insurance Investment Exchange (IIExchange Limited) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and will comply with all data protection laws in the countries in which we operate.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Information collected about you
We will process your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with our products and services and to invite you to our events. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any other way than already specified in this notice. The Insurance Investment Exchange does not collect data classed as “sensitive” such as health information or information related to political opinion or religious beliefs.
Information may be provided by yourself, collected via legal data collection methods or from third parties.
The personal data that you may give us is:
- Job Title
- Job Function
- Company Name
- Industry Sector
- Email Address
- Telephone Number
- Mobile Number
- Company Address
- Record of attendance at events
- Newsletters and events, you are currently subscribed to and/or have subscribed to / attended in the past
- Membership preferences
We will collect the above information from you if you:
- Contact us via post, email or telephone and provide any personal data
- Place an order or register for events, products or services on our website
- Complete online contact forms
- Products, services or events
- Participate in discussion boards or other social media functions
- Enter a competition, promotion or complete a survey
- Contact us offline for example by telephone, fax, email or post
Information collected via technological collection methods
Regarding each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the technical information that might include such things as login information, browser settings etc., so that we may understand browsing habits, review the performance of our website and ensure that your browsing experience is as good as possible.
Information collected from third parties
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites that we or our affiliates and associated companies operate or other services that we provide. We work closely with third parties including business partners, advertising networks, analytics provides and search information providers and may receive information about you from them.
Information which we may receive intended for marketing purposes will be obtained lawfully and in accordance with data protection laws. We will inform you that we have received your information for this purpose within a reasonable amount of time of receipt.
Please note you can control how your personal data is used for marketing by contacting us as outlined at the end of this policy notice.
Categories of third party from which we collect your personal data
Your data may be supplied to us from third parties such as:
- Business partners so that we may fulfil our contractual obligations
- Marketing companies who may supply your data to us – we will inform you if this takes place and you always have a choice for us to not use your data for marketing (see below)
How we use your information
We use your information in a number of ways. When we use your personal information, we must do so lawfully.
Your information may be used:
- To carry out lawful obligations arising from contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you have requested from us
- To notify you about changes to our service
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them
- To provide you with news bulletins, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events.
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you.
Information we receive from other sources
We may combine this information, which we will ensure is received and used legally, with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group and affiliates.
We may share your information with third parties where there is a legal requirement or legitimate interest, for example with business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you to fulfil those contractual obligations.
We may share your information with analytics and search engine providers that assist us in improving and optimising our site. Your information will be shared securely at all times.
Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
Information provided to third parties
We may disclose your personal information to third parties where there is a legal purpose for us to do so this may be in the event that we are acquired by a third party or we are under a legal duty to disclose or share your personal information, or to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions.
We may also disclose your personal information to business partners to meet contractual obligations or for marketing purposes, where we may legally do so.
Categories of third party where your personal data may be shared
Data may be shared with:
- Business Partners supplying services to enhance our offerings
- Events suppliers to provide you with services as part of an event
- Email distributors and event registration partners
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
How long we keep your personal data (retention)
We will keep your data for as long as you have an account, contract or otherwise interact with our products or services or until you unsubscribe from our product and services.
If your account or details fall inactive we will retain your personal data for no more than three years following the point at which your information ceased to be used, subject to any legal obligations requiring us to keep your personal data for longer.
You have rights under data protection law. These are a right to know how your data is being used (transparency), a right to access your data, rights to rectification, erasure, restriction and portability and the right to object to processing. You also have a right to control your consent for marketing purposes (see below), and we will respect this choice at all times.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise your right at any time by contacting us (see below)
Access to your information
You have the right to request access to the information; to know what we hold and obtain a copy.
If you wish to do this, the request must be in writing to us via email, addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to, The Data Protection Officer, Insurance Investment Exchange, C/O Camdor Global, 1-4 Bury Street, Holland House, London, EC3A 5AW
If you have a complaint relating to your personal information, please contact us using the details above in the first instance.
If you believe that we have not dealt with your complaint appropriately, you have the right to complain to the UK Regulator whose details are:
The UK Information Commissioner
Phone 0303 123 1113